Wednesday 2 September 2015

Sephora Haul!





It's probably a little sad to admit but I've been planning what I was going to pick up from Sephora since I found out there was one near where I was staying in America. I'd done lots of research and read reviews before heading there and I was pretty good. I didn't go wildly overboard or make any impulse purchases so today I'm going to share with you what I picked up! I haven't used any of these products yet so this is purely first impressions and I will let you know how I find these, either in full reviews or monthly favourites so look out for those!

First of all I picked up another of the Tarte Amazonian Clay Foundation, which I first picked up back in April. I haven't finished my current tube but it's my favourite foundation so far so I've now got a backup so I don't run out. You can see my more detailed thoughts on it here but it's full coverage with a natural finish that doesn't cling to dryness and lasts very well on the skin. I also picked up the Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation in shade 2.0. To be honest I haven't heard many people rave about this but equally the reviews I did read were good so I decided to give it a go. I'm expecting a medium coverage that feels light on the skin and looks natural so I'm thinking it'll be a great everyday base and I can't wait to try it. The shade looks about right for me- it may be a little too light for me right now as I have a bit of a tan but through the winter I think it'll match pretty well and I can always add a little extra bronzer to warm it up.

I picked up a couple of products from Kat Von D, a brand I've never tried before but have heard great things about. First is the Ink Liner in the shade Bosch, a dark olive green. I'm not great with liquid liner- I love my black Eyeko one but I only ever use it to lightly line the lid and rarely attempt a wing. I thought that a green liner would be a nice twist, especially as this shade is very on-trend this coming season. From swatching it in store I love the flexibility of the nib and the pigmentation looks great. I also picked up the Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Bauhaus, a dark pinky-purple. People rave about the staying power of these lipsticks so I can't wait to give it a go. I adore the packaging and again, this product is going to be great for the coming season so I'll let you know how I find it!

I finally picked up a Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in the shade Blushing Bride. I originally wanted to pick up one of the new Too Faced blushes but they didn't have them but I was equally happy to go with a Tarte one as I know people love them. It's a pretty natural pink shade in such a cute compact with a big mirror inside. I'm certain I'll get a lot of use out of this!

Now for a little confession- I did some online shopping while on holiday. I know, I know, I can't stop blah blah blah but I was desperate to pick up the Becca Jacyln Hill Champagne Pop Highlighter. I'd heard it was sold out in most Sephora stores and I knew I was only going to a small one so I popped in an online order and got it delivered to where I was staying. Honestly, it was so worth it. It is the most beautiful highlighter- it's not at all subtle but adds a stunning glow that just adds such a 'wow' to my look. If you are able to get your hands on this I can highly recommend it!

Olivia Ellen XXX


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...