Friday 13 March 2015

Matte vs Gloss




For a very long time I'd been a self-confessed matte lip lover but I've really been enjoying mixing it up recently and you'll often see me sporting something a little glossier. Today I'm talking my top three matte and glossy lip products at the moment.

No matte lover's collection would be complete without the classic Ruby Woo from MAC, a deep, incredibly matte red. While the formula is by no means the most comfortable or moisturising to wear, it's very long lasting and the colour and finish is really beautiful for creating that vintage red look. And do I really need to proclaim my love for the Bobbi Brown Creamy Matte range again? This is the shade Crushed Plum which unfortunately won't be getting as much wear as we go into summer but the formula is so moisturising and long lasting, it's truly going to be a favourite for a very long time. Finally the longest lasting matte by far is the Bourjois Rouge Velvet in Hot Pepper. These are incredibly popular and for good reason. The liquid formula is really easy to apply and it dries to a matte that doesn't feel chalky or too drying. I've also got the shade Framboise too which is a dark pink and has the same fab formula.

On the other end of the scale is the Soap and Glory Sexy Mother Pucker Plumping Gloss which looks very pink in the tube but comes out quite sheer. It applies slightly stickily but once it's on I don't really notice this. Your lips start to tingle very quickly as the 'plumping' starts to happen. Whether it really does have plumping properties or not, it looks lovely on the lips and I love it for a night out when I want a low maintenance lip. Next is the Almay Liquid Lip Balms that I picked up in America last summer. This shade is a sheer pink but I also have a darker pink and a coral. They feel so creamy on the lips and are not overly glossy so look fairly natural and are nice for something simple. Finally, if you're after the perfect lip gloss I can not recommend the NYX Butter Glosses enough. This shade is Crème Brulee and describing them as butter glosses is spot on as they feel so lovely and creamy, not at all sticky with a high shine finish- this was my go-to last summer!


Olivia Ellen XXX



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...