Wednesday 16 July 2014

Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet in Hot Pepper // Review





A little late on this bandwagon yes? After seeing endless reviews of these I thought they look right up my street- matte? Check. Intense colours? Check. Staying power? CHECK. I eventually got round to picking up the shade Hot Pepper which was my favourite out of the reviews I've read. The colour is an orange-toned red. I do find you have to build up the colour a little with a couple of layers but once you do that the colour is fab. Typically me, I find application kind of difficult as I do with all liquid products (it's why I struggle so much with the Rimmel Apocalips) but the brush is small and quite precise and doesn't collect a puddle of product so it is a bit easier to get an even application. I love the matte finish too- it's (as it says) velvety, so it feels soft and not chalky on the lips but still has a true matte look to it.

So staying power- I swatched this in store, then had a wonder around. Right before going to the till I grabbed a tissue to wipe this off and I literally could not get it off. It had dried super quickly and stained- I knew right then it was for me. My biggest fear is having awkward lipstick lines, when the product has come off from the middle of your lips with a  ring of colour around the edge but this does not happen with this so I'm very happy with it.

The Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvets are available from Boots here for £8.99.

Olivia Ellen XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...