Sunday 27 April 2014

Orly Bonder Rubberized Basecoat // Review







I'd heard a few people talk about this basecoat recently, and since I am terrible at keeping nail polish on for more than 2-3 days, I decided to give this a go. In Boots, they only have the 5ml bottle which costs £5, so I decided to go for the next size up which was the 18ml bottle and I got this off eBay for £8.50 which I think was a pretty good price. I love the packaging, with the matte bottle and rubber lid, I think it looks really cool.

In terms of the product, I think it's ok. It's not particularly quick drying which is a bit of a pain as it means it ends up taking me quite a bit longer than normal to do my nails. Also because it's rubberized, it's not the easiest base to paint over- I find I need to use quite a lot of polish to get it to look even and not apply streakily. However, it did help keep my nails in good condition- I got 4 days wear of a Topshop nail polish with no top coat before it chipped, which is better than usual. I'm hoping that by applying a topcoat it will last even longer, but even so I'll definitely be using this to paint my nails when I have the time.

Olivia Ellen XXX


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...