Wednesday 17 July 2013

Maybelline 'Dream Pure' BB Cream Review

I didn't speak much about this in my last haul as I wanted to do a full review of it as there is so much I want to say about it!



I'll begin with packaging- it's very simple yet I love the blue colour, and you get a fair amount in the tube as I find you only need a blob about the size of a 5p coin to do the whole face. This contains salicylic acid (only 2% but still) which I really think helps my skin- it definitely doesn't make it any worse, and some times I do see an improvement in my skin as the day goes on, as it dries up my spots and my skin feels smoother.

In terms of coverage, being a BB cream means that it is very light. It looks and feels very natural on the skin, but I do still need concealer to cover up my blemishes and under my eyes. However, I've found that on days where I want a heavier coverage I can just apply two layers, it still feels very light on the skin but just adds a bit more coverage in certain areas.

It says this is targeted at oily skin and I certainly agree with this, as it doesn't make me too shiny. I do still powder over this too mattify the skin but I find that at the end of the day I'm still not left looking like a grease-ball, so it's really nice for that. One thing I would mention is that I have combination skin, and this does tend to cling to some of my dryer patches, particularly around my nose, so if you've got dry skin, I probably wouldn't recommend this.

Another thing that I like about it is that is helps to reduce the size of pores- unlike my Bare Minerals foundation which doesn't cover my pores very well, this really does. I mainly notice them on my nose normally but this really helps to cover them and they look greatly reduced in size.

Overall, I'd probably give this an 8 out of 10. As I say, if you have dry skin or are after something with a full coverage, I wouldn't recommend this but it is exactly what I was looking for, and it has grown on me- at first I was unsure but I persevered and now I'd happily buy it again. Also, the price is very appealing, at only £6.99 from Boots, it's very much on my budget.

What's your favourite BB cream?

Olivia Ellen XXX

1 comment:

  1. I've only used a Rimmel BB cream a few times, I don't know what it is but I just can't get convinced to BB creams :( x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...