Thursday 15 November 2012

Revlon 'Just Bitten' Kissable Balm Stain

Yes, I finally bought it! I actually mentioned this product quite a while ago in a 'Top Picks' blog post, and so a few weeks ago I decided to just give in and buy it. Boots were having a 3 for 2 on all cosmetics so I thought it was the perfect time to buy it (I also bought Max Factor's Crème Puff which I reviewed here and Revlon's Lip Butter which I'll be reviewing soon for you). So as I say, this is something which I've been interested in trying for a while- it's been really popular, and it sells out really quickly in stores and online every time they get new stock in. Luckily when I went in they still had all the shades I liked, so I had a good choice, and it was a difficult one. I was stuck between two shades and in the end went for number 20 'Lovesick', which is in a really bright pink tube.


Packaging: So the colour of the packaging is meant to be about the same colour as the product inside, and so the tube is a really bright pink with all the writing on it in silver. It's really lightweight which is good, and the balm is also self-sharpening if you just twist the end. I don't know how much is in the actual tube, but I haven't had to sharpen it yet which is a good sign.


So the actual product:

The Colour:  is a really intense pink. It has purple shimmery overtones and when applied is a lovely rich shade.



The texture: is all that I could have hoped for. It applies like a lip balm- really soft and smooth, but because of the shape of the nib it is easy to use and to make sure you get it all over your lips evenly. Once on your lips, it still feels really moisturising, not like some lips products which feel like they are drying your lips out.


The Smell: is quite pleasant actually- it's a fresh minty smell, which I love. I actually used to have a chunky lip balm by Eyeko (called the 'Fat Balm') a couple of years ago, which had a pale pink colour and a really gorgeous minty smell which I loved, and it's the only lip balm that I actually used until it was empty, but by that time the product had been discontinued and I was devastated, so this smell kind of acts as a replacement for that.

Staying Power: is amazing! Because of the balm texture, I wouldn't expect this to last on your lips (even with the word 'stain' in it's name) but it really does. The moisturising feel lasts about 2-3 hours for me personally, but then the colour still stays on your lips even after that's gone, so you can just apply a clear balm over the top if you want your lips to stay nourished.

Price: This sells at £7.99 normally, so it's a mid-price lip product, but I definitely think that it's a very reasonable price, and I don't regret buying this at all.

Best for: if you like colour, but like your lips to feel moisturised then I would definitely recommend this. The shade 'Lovesick' is probably the most intense pink, but if you want something a little more natural or sheer then I would go for 'Honey' or 'Darling'.

There are currently six shades of Revlon's Balm Stain and they are available from Boots here.

Olivia Ellen XXX
@oliviaellen97

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...